There's More to Selling Your Home Than a "For Sale" Sign In Your Front Yard: Beware.
Even if a simple sign in your yard did produce a buyer knocking on your door, how will you handle the following questions:
- "How does your home compare to others like it in the neighborhood or another nearby area?"
- "How did you determine the fair market value of this Maine property?"
- "What about financing? Can you help?"
- "If I make an offer, who will draw up the paperwork?"
- "Why aren't you using a real estate agent? Is there something wrong with the property?"
- "Since you aren't using a real estate agent, we can take their fee right off the top, right?"
Selling your home is one of the most important financial transactions you will make in your life. Don't take risks. Selling your home is nothing like selling a car. Every home is different, and every homebuyer wants to offer you as little as possible. How do you determine the real market value?
Almost all homes are sold using a real estate agent. As real estate professionals, it is our job to help you negotiate with all those buyers who want something for nothing. Not to mention preparing your home for sale, marketing it locally and even nationally, and guiding you through the complex paperwork and pitfalls of escrow and closing. Make sure you are really ready to handle all of that before pounding that sign into your front yard. Errors can be extremely costly.
Remember: Buyers want to offer you as close to nothing as possible! While that "For Sale By Owner" sign might sound like a good idea, it usually means a different thing to buyers: "Try to steal this one."
If you must sell your own home, at least let us give you a sense of its true market value. Tell us a bit about your home, and we'll do a quick CMA - Comparative Market Analysis, and let you know what we feel it is worth. We'll also describe, as experienced, local real estate agents, how we would market your property. This is free, with no strings attached. Contact us today!
Don't price your home by yourself! It's our job to analyze the area market and determine the true value of your property. It's FREE and without obligation...